Animal Flow Level 1 Workshop
L1 is an intensive two-day workshop (12 hours total) where you’ll learn all 30 Level 1 moves, including regressions, progressions, and variations for all skill levels. You’ll explore how and when to use each movement individually, as well as how to link them together into flows of your own design. This is also your first step toward becoming a Certified Animal Flow Instructor or Specialist. You can find the details on the Certification process and benefits HERE.
About the Course
You’ll cover all 6 elements of Animal Flow, including the Traveling Forms (the “ABCs” of animal movements); Switches and Transitions; Wrist Mobility; Activations; Form Specific Stretches, and, of course, Flows. The workshop starts with base positions, which systematically build in difficulty and complexity over the two days. Movements are taught within the context of scientifically-based concepts relevant to anyone working in health and fitness industries. Read about the Six Components of Animal Flow, the specific movements covered in the workshop, the course objectives, and more about Level 1 in general HERE.
Your registration includes:
- Complimentary eVideo version of the Animal Flow 2.0 video (retail value: $49.95)
- Hard copy of the 74-page Student Manual
- Access to the private AF Instructors Facebook group.
- Access to Mike Fitch’s tutorial series reviewing the Call Out language used in AF
- Certificate of Completion, including proof of participation for Continuing Education credits.
The workshop is open to persons of all skill levels. You should be physically fit enough to support your own bodyweight in quadrupedal position and be medically cleared to participate in physical activities. Upon registration, you will receive a welcome video with some practice exercises to help you prepare your wrists for the course.
|Instructor:||Richard Scrivener (UK), Animal Flow® Master Instructor|
|Costs:||Early bird registration of CHF 449.- until July 31st
Normal Price: CHF 495.-Students get a 20% discount with a valid legi
|Date:||19./20. October 2019|
|Place:||UNIK Training, Bolligenstrasse 82, 3006 Bern|
Steel Mace Level 1 Workshop
with Vincent Herzog (MoreHuman Movement, Onnit, Viking Ninja certified) and Mark Balsom (founder and coach at Symudiad Mouvement)
The mace as we know it has been created in India and is as old as Yoga. It was a weapon and a tool to train for long battles. No need to say we don’t need it to crush skulls nowadays. But our society has made us evolved in a sedentary specie and we are losing our capacity to move in a 3-dimensional way. The mace is back as a fitness tool in our society and our goal is impact as much lives as we possibly can with it. This workshop is a mix of the traditional and the more modern curriculum.
- 200 CHF for a 6-hour workshop (7:30 hours incl. breaks and lunch).
- November, 3rd 2019, 10 – 17:30
- The mace into the major movements (squat, press, lunges, hinges, pulls, rows)
- Rotational, multiplanar and 3D movement overview
- Cross crawl principles with the mace
- Landmarks and how to apply them in the static – fluid – dynamic movements with the mace
- Technical notions like „anti-rotation/counter rotation/purposeful rotation”
- How to manage acceleration and deceleration with an offset tool/load
- The history of the mace (tradition and modern)
- Specific applications